Evaluation.
Firstly I am going to evaluate the brief its self. I did quite like the idea of the brief in making an image related to reflection. I liked how open you could be about the term reflection but also the guide lines of the 'studio' aspect of the brief.
Secondly I will be evaluating the shoots that took place for me.
Shoot number one was at a rollerblading competition called Slamm Jamm 16. I decided to use this as my first shoot as I thought it would be a very interesting and stimulating shoot. Also it would create a very good magazine cover for myself as i could gather inspiration from many other skate magazines. I believe the shoot went very well for me. I did only have one studio lighting with me and had to rely on that using my initiative with many in camera settings and my surroundings.
The second shoot was using a projector to project images onto a white backdrop. I didn't think this shoot went as well as it could have as i was quite limited for time and the projections weren't that clear on the backdrop as the projector wasn't that bright. Overall this shoot went okay because i did fortunately shoot in raw and could bring back a lot of the image in post production.
Now I am going to analyse the final images I produced.
I really like the outcome of this magazine cover. I feel as though the experimentation with the text and layout of the text worked out in the end in that I ended up with an outcome I really liked. I really like the 'SJXVI' with the layer styles and overlay style added to give it a slightly transparent effect but with the drop shadow making it stand out more. The main title of the magazine I chose to do in red to keep with the overall theme of the image but I decided to make the red a lot brighter than the red in the image again to make the title stand out to the rest of the image. I also really like how the reflection of the beams across the top have created these guide lines to the image that draw your eyes to the subject of the image after looking at the title first.
A lot of post production editing had to go into this image but I do like the outcome. Firstly I had to do a lot of tweaking with the raw file to get the exposure correct. I then worked on the reflections and composition of the image. I then decided to add a little border to the image by adding a blur filter to the image. I did this because I thought it would round the image off well and provide more attention to the two reflection points of the image also drawing attention away from the quieter area's of the image like the models legs as it's just black pants. I decided to go with this image because the backgrounds busy and interesting and along with the reflections makes a very alive and vibrant image.
Overall I am quite pleased with how this brief went. If I was to do this brief again I would have experimented with real mirrors and reflections as well as a mixture of the two.


No comments:
Post a Comment